Search it!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gallbladder: Part 4 - The Flush

Good gravy, my friends.  Gallbladders are something else.  I have been on the ride with the gallbladder for quite a while now in the vicarious way through my dear hubby.

Last week (ish), hubby went to a crazy genius triple doctorate doctor who exclaimed wildly that, "This is easy!" and recommended a liver flush.

This is the story of said flush and its results.

According to this flush, hubby needed to prep by doing two things - taking Standard Process phosfood and drinking raw organic apple juice.  Gallstones are part calcium and part cholesterol balls.  The bigger, harder ones are made of more calcium.  Phosfood is a phosphorus supplement - and since calcium and phosphorous are on the see-saw together, when you bump your phosphorus up, you can drop the calcium (and thus, softening the gallstones).  Otherwise, there is a component within raw organic apple juice that is called malic acid - this puppy shrinks those gallstones like nobody's beeswax.

He had to drink at least 6 cups (48 oz. +) of the apple juice for three days.  Some flushes say that on the third day, you fast except for drinking apple juice, but the one we were following did not say that (which made hubby really happy because he loves food).  

So, the night of the flush, I mixed up a lovely concoction (according to the directions of the flush) of 8 oz. organic extra virgin olive oil and the juice of a lemon and a half.  I shook it up in a jar for him to slightly emulsify it.  I don't know why.  I just felt bad, I guess, and I thought this would make it look nicer.

He drank it around 10:00 p.m. and then he laid down on his right side (that's what we were told he ought to do) for 30 minutes.  This was the time of nervousness.  Up to this point, hubby has had severe issues with his gallbladder when he ate fat.  And now he just drank a cup of olive oil.  He was freaking out that he was going to have an attack.  But don't worry, he didn't.

He tried to go to sleep.  I kept twitching when I was falling asleep so I kept him awake, but hey, I could not help it.  It's how I roll.  Eventually he fell asleep, but it was a light sleep and not of very good quality.

At 4:00 a.m., he woke up.  Since he was awake, he tried to go to the bathroom.  No gallstones.  But now he felt a little nauseous.  He was sure it wasn't going to work and he was just going to barf his guts out.

At 7:00 a.m., he woke up again.  Bathroom, yes.  Gallstones, no.

At 9:00 a.m., he went in for another bathroom party and guess what?  Gallstones, baby!  Those gross little puppies were floating!  We were not like other people who save them and put them on paper towels and take pictures of them, I am sorry to report to you.  If you'd like, I'll tell you that they were green and small and floated.

After this, he decided to try to have a little bit of a pancake.  It was the first time that he had eaten anything since August and his stomach didn't do flips and turns and churns and burgles.  He was so happy he could have said, "Hooray."  But I am more the spaz in the relationship, so he didn't say anything and I said, "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!".

At lunch he ate some other food and he said he felt normal.  He was very happy about this.

At dinner he ate spicy food and even took a bite of my grass-fed burger (something that was an instant trigger for him before) and felt fine.  (He's a daring fellow, eh?  Actually, I don't think he could stand the smell of the deliciousness without giving it a try.)

He did say that he felt a little sore on his right side, but it was not the way that it used to be.  I am happy to say that he thought it was not a big deal, although he initially thought it was going to kill him and his face off.  

If you are going to do it, let me encourage you to try it.  It's basically like you're just having a gulp of some delicious lemony dressing and just try to think that you're a brave, brave wild person and try to get through it.

We are more than a week out and he has had no gallbladder attacks (phew), lessened gallbladder pain (hooray! He says it is not the same pain.  It's like it is a sore muscle.  It used to be that when food touched his tongue, it would FREAK OUT.) and he is able to eat foods he was not daring to try before.  He is going to do the flush again, this time the official Dr. Hulda Clark flush - to see if it will increasingly improve.

(Speaking of Hulda, do you know about this lady?  She wrote a book called The Cure for All Diseases.  She's very interesting indeed.)

I'll keep you posted.

Peace, love and flush that thang!
Ms. Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment